Faro West Lobeke Safaris
The savannah area is an exclusive 400,000 acre concession in the center of northern Cameroon, near the FaroNational Park. This protected area has yielded an astounding 100% success ratio on Giant Lord Derby Eland, the « ghost of the central African savannah. » In the past twenty years Pierre’s clients have taken an unbelievable 200 Giant Eland. Many are taken in the first few days of the safari! This area is also home to good concentrations of all of the central African species such as N. Western Buffalo, Western Roan, Sing-sing Waterbuck, N. Bohor Reedbuck and Harnessed Bushbuck. The savannah camp is one of the most luxurious in central Africa. It is set on the bank of the FaroRiver, and is comprised of fully air conditioned chalets with full amenities, plus an excellent service with fully trained staff.
The forest concessions are located in southeast Cameroon near the Lobeke` National Park. Those 600,000 acre concessions sits at the border with the Congo and C.A.R. in the center of the equatorial rain forest. It is a paradise for forest game. Once again Pierre’s clients have been 100% on Bongo hunting with indigenous Pygmy trackers and have taken many excellent W. Sitatungas, D.F. Buffalos and G.F. Hog.
Major Species: Lord Derby Eland, Roan, Buffalo & Sing-sing Waterbuck
- Day-1 Arrive Douala from Paris overnight to Meridian Hotel
- Day-2 National flight to the north and driving to the hunt area
- Day-3 Hunt begins – 13 full days of hunting
- Day-16 National flight back to Douala and depart that evening
Rain Forest Safaris
Major Species: Bongo, Sitatunga, Dwarf Forest Buffalo & Giant Forest Hog
- Day-1 Arrive Douala from Paris – Overnight
- Day-2 Extra day in Douala to insure bags and guns arrive
- Day-3 Charter from Douala to Libongo and driving to the hunt area
- Day-4 Hunt begins – 13 full days of hunting
- Day-17 Charter back to Douala and depart that evening
Cameroon arrival requirements:
In addition to the pre safari processing to be done directly with the French travel agency,
please also take you to Cameroon:
- Your Cameroon visa stamped passports;
- Your Cameroon embassy approved firearm import permits – NA;
- Original health cards with active yellow fever immunizations;
- Two passport size photos;
- Copy of the first two pages inside your passports.
- Copy of the embassy stamped visas inside your passports.
- Copy of the firearm permit. N/A
N/A = NOT APPLICABLE if not importing firearms